Sunday 10 January 2010

Mmmmmm..... not a great start.

Hello. Friday came and went. Snow (although not much) J's home from school and head stuff meant that part one of the challenge has had a slow start. I weighed, put on a lb!!!!!!

Had worked odd shifts and a night. All the choc biscuits and nice stuff should now be out of the office at work. Home is a treat free zone. I did walk to work most days and Lily has been walked LOADS.

I think that on Tuesday I am going to join Slimming World just to get myself kick started. I really want to do this for me. No one else. But I am not only letting myself down I am letting big J down too (long story)

So, I have been very good so far but seem to have noticed that is I eat anything with wheat in it I end up looking like the 3rd J is on it's way. IMPOSSIBLE!! Phew!

So maybe that is something I need to consider as well.
So for 4 weeks I shall put my £ into S.W's pocket, that should be just long enough to get the motivation up and running.
But I did do a bit of finishing and as you can see still doing it. Suggestions were to make the hearts into a garland, so I am doing that whilst I am blog reading. After the hearts I am going to make the bag from the Cath Kidston book, Sew that Jose gave to me for Christmas.
I know Nicki lost 3lbs which was AMAZING.

6 comments:

  1. Yup, I did indeed lose 3 pounds...but I reckon I put it all back on eating biscuits on saturday!
    We shall see.

    But, I'm determined OT to panic about it....that's fine, this is going to be a slow process as I'm DETERMINED to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF!!!!

    As for putting on a pound....that's nothing....nights, twilight shifts etc....it'll go.
    Plus all that walking will tone everything up too.....keep going! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I weighed myself when I got back here and was 11st 2lbs! :S
    Weighed myself yesterday and I'm 10st 12lbs!! I've lost 4 pounds..!! wooo!! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, hope I'm not too late to join this challenge. I, too have been battling with my weight since I was about 13 (when, looking back, I wasn't overweight- it's true, dieting makes you fat) I'm sick of this dominating my life. it dictates what I think I can wear, where I should go, who I should meet etc -I guess you know it all, but the overall feeling of shame is simply not healthy. OK sharp intake of breath - dare I put this down in black and white? (which is ridiculous 'cos everyone can SEE how much weight I'm wearing) ....66.4 kg ( sounds ok doesn't it), Ok, 146 lb, alright, 10st 6lb!!!! Before you tall people think I'm being ridiculous, that's 2 stone over what I should be at my highest weight. I know that's stupid - I'm 5ft 1 inch & I have an enormous bust, so I'd settle for 9 st OK just under that would be great, so that I could say I was 8 stone something.. this HAS to be the year I nail this, I don't want to waste any more energy on this weight issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, I found you through Penny's blog & just wanted to say I LOVE your blogs and you have a new follower...
    Tracey
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I bought the C K book for my future sis in law for Christmas and she very proudly showed me the finished bag last weekend.
    Love Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just discovered your blog! Made me smile to read your "About me" - still trying to work out what you want to be!!! I can relate to that!!Love the mitts, keep writing posts!!!

    ReplyDelete